Banstead, Sutton and Surrounding Areas
Our client is seeking Support staff to provide specialist support services for people with Autism and other related complex needs. These individuals are supported to live as independent as possible with the encouragement of a support worker, can be very rewarding.
Due to the nature of complex needs, some of the clients have severely challenging behaviour and can display aggression directed at others, including staff so you need to be able to remain calm during such outbursts.
We are seeking passionate experienced individuals to join our client’s team. Support Workers should have experience working with clients with challenging behaviour.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about empowering and encouraging individuals to lead a quality life
• Have a working knowledge of autism and challenging behaviour
• An NVQ in Health and Social Care level 2 (equivalent or willingness to work towards)
• Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
• Can work well in a team but take initiative if lone working
• Be able to work on a shift pattern, including weekends and evenings
• Have a minimum of 12 month’s experience working within a care home or residential setting (desirable)
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to have a current DBS or be willing to apply for one.
Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?